Sunday 18 July 2010

Water off a duck's back





Now on holiday in Italy - far too hot to run so have been swimming alot. Swam today in Lake Garda and was a bit concerned about my lack of pace when overtaken by a mallard duck
.

We are currently staying for a few days in Villa Feltrinelli and learning much about Mussolini - he was "imprisoned" here between 1943 to 1945. It doesn't seem to have been much of a discomfort as he had his wife with him and his mistress down the road.

I have also been having great fun playing with the panoramic setting on my digital camera .



Picked up by a stylish Italian speedboat to get to lunch on the other side of the lake - my youngest looks as if he could get used to this.


Lunch was delicious and ended with tiny fruits stuffed with similarly flavoured ice cream - my favourite was the apricot , or perhaps the chestnut, or was it the banana ...

No comments:

Post a Comment