Wednesday 12 September 2012

Down the dump

I have an idea to make a piece of work out of old mattress spring frames - so time to rent a van and get down the local dump. Fortunately, they are not short of mattresses ...




With help from my eldest son, we get seven of them into the van and then into the garden - much to my wife's delight - she really panics when we suggest perhaps burning the material off would be the best approach ...

Also note my latest find - very excited about making some work with this abandoned section of an old iron fence.



Burning the mattresses is a no-go, so it's out with the Stanley knife ...hoping to find money, guns and drugs .



What I find instead, is a compressed felt-like material made out of recycled clothes and in the older and cheaper mattresses, some nasty coconut hair stuffing ...










Not much help or encouragement offered by my son and his friend - looking very cool though in their new cycling gear.





Several hours later, I had stripped all seven mattresses and filled the van with rubbish - will have to go back to the dump tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment