Sunday 7 October 2012

Bungee bird feeder kidnapping shock

You may remember my recent bungee bird feeder post - I had also bought one for my friend, Roger in West Wales - so were both interested to see how long they lasted and which part of the body was eaten first.
For Roger, he watched a nuthatch peck the head off - felt the ensuing scenes were a mixture of Sam Peckinpah and Bill Oddie. One of Sam's most famous films is appropriately titled Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia.




My bungee bird feeder's fate was more disturbing - the cord around the feet had been cut and there was no sign of seed on the floor - he had clearly been kidnapped and I am waiting for the ransom note. Close inspection of the way the cord had been cut pointed toward a large bird, such as a Peregrine or Red Kite but I also don't trust the local Crows, who are always hanging around the garden and whose group name is a murder ...



1 comment:

  1. Ha - that's so funny... he got kidnapped! Betcha the squirrels got him. I hate 'em! Life's so much better around here since we put in our squirrel proof bird feeders!

    ReplyDelete