Sunday 2 August 2009

Do we ever actually run ?

I know what you are thinking - another Sunday goes by and yet again no running - is this blog about virtual running rather than the real thing ?

This week, I was for the first time mainly in Northumberland, walking on empty beaches and looking at numerous castles and lighthouses. The huts on stilts on the causeway to Lindisfarne were particularly striking - these are used by stranded motorists who don't make it across when the tide is rushing in ( at circa 20 miles per hour).




My camera is on its last legs so I took the next video and sandblasted the lens at the same time.

Have been singing Mandolin Wind by Rod Stewart ever since - clearly the lens wasn't the only thing sand blasted . Wierdly, the mandolin player on this track was Ray Jackson of Lindisfarne - oh no now I'll be singing Fog on the Tyne for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment