Monday 16 January 2012

Chelsea College project space - day one

I have booked a project space at college for the week to start to sort out my work for the year to date, make some more work and experiment with presentation. The roo is large and well lit  - I am surprised how much work I have that I can manipulate and build on.






The cut steel panels in advance of mounting on the wall.


My ghost paintings from the rotting canvas that I stretched on the trampoline - they have a cave painting feel to them.

I had recently watched Werner Herzog's film, Cave of Forgotten Dreams - his record of the recently discovered Chauvet caves of Southern France, where there are cave drawings of animals and one female human, dating back 32,000 years - the oldest known pictorial creations of humankind.
My ghost paintings remind me of these amazing images.
















No comments:

Post a Comment